- To assist the federal courts in the fair administration of justice.
- To protect the community.
- To bring about long-term positive change in individuals under supervision.
- Charter for Excellence (pdf)
Who We Are:
- The community corrections arm of the federal judiciary.
- Part of the U.S. district courts.
- A key player in the federal criminal justice process at both the pretrial and post-conviction stages.
- A national system of employees, who include probation and pretrial services officers and officer assistants; information technology, budget, and human resources professionals; and support staff.
- A national system with a shared mission, professional identity, goals, and values