You are here


The Indiana High School Equivalency (HSE) is an alternative to earning a high school diploma. The exam has replaced the GED exam in Indiana and covers five subject areas including math, reading, writing, science and social studies. If a client is  unable to obtain a high school diploma or GED prior to their release from incarceration, the probation officer will assist with finding appropriate resources to meet their needs.  Additional information about the HSE classes and testing centers can be found at The Indiana Department of Workforce Development.

Many individuals on supervision pursue vocational and educational opportunities beyond a GED or HSE program while on supervision. Probation officers maintain relationships with local agencies offering vocational training and refer clients to programming when appropriate. Many persons on supervision also attend local community colleges and universities while under federal supervision.

DiplomaSender is your source for High School Equivalency documentation. If you took the HiSET, TASC, or GED test in one of our partner states we should have your official high school equivalency records. Find your record here at